Thank you for your interest in The History and Theory of Music course. This is a unique curriculum developed for the University High School Performing & Fine Arts Magnet Program.
The course includes:
- An overview of world music cultures
- A look at important musical styles and genres as they emerged over time
- A comprehensive historical overview to contextualize musical developments
- Maps at key historical points
- Profiles of important composers
- Open-ended questions to facilitate critical thought and discussion
- Lessons in Music Theory as it developed across the centuries
Please log in to view the course.
If you do not have a log in, please contact Jon Brown to get started!